Licking Memorial Hospital, Physician-Owned Medical Center of Newark Sign Confidentiality Agreement on Unspecified Business Deal
LMH has made efforts to compete with the surgical hospital over the years, including leasing 13 acres next to Medical Center of Newark to prevent its expansion. This forced MCN to build a more costly second-floor addition, eventually creating 33 beds when it added inpatient surgeries.
MCN started as the Newark Surgery Center, an outpatient facility. MCN completed its $19.5 million in expansion in December 2007, combining and expanding the former Newark Surgery Center and Newark Health Imaging.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Paul Phillips Eye & Surgery Center Opens in New Jersey
IMA Endoscopy Surgicenter in IN to Be Acquired by Methodist Hospitals
4 Factors Affecting ASC Valuation and Sales
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday — Feb. 11, 2016
- 3 hospitals/health systems with new outpatient surgery centers — Feb. 10, 2016
- California lawmakers reveal new health plan tax proposal — 6 insights
- Arizona House panel green lights children's health insurance bill — 5 takeaways
- 10 things to know about the UK physicians' strike