Lenox Hill Deal Will Bring North Shore-LIJ System Into Manhattan, Expand Reach in Queens
An affiliation between Lenox Hill Hospital will not only bring North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System into Manhattan, but will also expand the system's reach in Queens, according to a report in The Queens Courier.
The deal, announced last month, will bring patients from Brooklyn, Manhattan and west Queens to the system.
The Lenox Hill merger is not expected to affect Forest Hill (N.Y.) Hospital, also near Queens, which joined North Shore-LIJ in 1995, as officials expect little to no overlap in patients from both hospitals.
Read the Courier's report about the Lenox Hill/North Shore-LIJ merger.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 15 Statistics on Accounts & Cases in Orthopedic-Driven ASCs
- 6 Proposed Legislative Changes Impacting Surgery Centers & Clinics
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location
- PENTAX Medical, Hitachi-Aloka Medical Continue Partnership to Pursue Endoscopic Ultrasound Systems Development
- 8 Recent GI-Driven Centers & Expansions