How Has the ASC Acquisitions Market Changed?
VMG Health's 2011 ValueDriver ASC Survey.
Only 6 percent of ASC management and development companies expect acquisition values to be higher, while 25 percent expect values to be lower.
Here are the top four ways the ASC acquisitions market has changed over the last five years, in order of greatest impact.
1. Higher levels of due diligence conducted on potential acquisitions
2. ASC management and development companies are seeking to partner with hospitals and health systems
3. Higher chance of lower offering prices to ASCs with substantial risk factors
4. Greater competition for acquisitions
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
How Does Managed Care Affect ASC Valuation? 24 Statistics
CONs in the ASC Industry: A Brief History & Analysis
14 Hospitals & Health Systems Recently Planning or Opening Surgery Centers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
VA Breaks Ground on Eugene Health Clinic, ASCRead Now
- Job Opening: Chief Nursing Officer at Houston Hospital for Specialized Surgery
- Job Opening: Director of Nursing at Ridges Surgery Center
- How ASC Leaders Can Make the Most of ICD-10 Delay: Q&A With Betty Gomez of ZirMed
- Pamela Hess and Richard Rothberger to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves & Honors