Hospital of Central Connecticut Awaiting Approval to Open Orthopedic ASC After Inpatient OR Closing
The ASC would occupy the space created when the hospital closed its operating room last year, moving the services to its New Britain location. Hartford HealthCare senior vice president Lucille Janatka cited insurance policy and technological developments as the reason for the strategy.
In addition, the hospital is planning to close its 15-bed inpatient unit on its Bradley Memorial Campus to focus on providing more ambulatory services of varying kinds to the surrounding community, according to the report.
More Articles on Transactions & Valuations:
Symbion, Great Falls Clinic Partner to Open New Facility
How Does Competition Affect ASC Valuation
Hawthorn Surgery Center Relocates ASC in Illinois
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Cleveland Clinic anesthesiologist Dr. Marc Feldman found dead in motel: 5 things to know
- AGA, other societies express concerns about alternate payment model adoption to CMS: 4 notes
- 4 insights on increasing anesthesia use in outpatient GI procedures
- 10 statistics on annual & hourly pay for ophthalmologists
- CMS data: In 2015, healthcare industry made $7B+ in payments, investment interests to physicians