HCA Midwest Health System Acquires 51% of Heart of America Surgery Center
HCA Midwest Health System has acquired 51 percent of the surgery center, purchased from Kansas City Specialty Physicians. The 15,000-square-foot ambulatory surgery center opened in 1999 and is the only freestanding center in Kansas City.
The center includes 25 specialists in ophthalmology orthopedic surgery and otolaryngology.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Outlook on the ASC Industry for 2014: Biggest Concerns & Best Strategies
5 Recent Surgery Center Moves
Effectively Reduce A/R Days at Surgery Centers: Q&A With Rebecca Overton of Surgical Management Professionals
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About