GOP Legislator Seeks to Repeal Maine's CON Program
The repeal is sponsored by Richard Malaby (R-Hancock) who said in the report, "I feel philosophically that hospitals [and] ambulatory surgical centers should be competing and improving their product and maybe, through competition, bring down cost for consumers."
The Maine Hospital Association opposes the repeal.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Future Surgery Center Transaction & Acquisition Expectations: Q&A With Todd Mello of HealthCare Appraisers
Montana Bill Would Establish Stricter CON Process for ASCs
8 Hospitals Planning New Surgery Centers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Dr. Megan Olejniczak to travel to Rwanda as part of medical mission trip: 4 notes
- 4 GI physicians in the news – Oct. 9, 2015
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. James Dimitroff of St. Louis Gastroenterology Consultants
- 10 things to know about medical malpractice
- SCA stock trades down 5.9%: 3 things to know