GOP Legislator Seeks to Repeal Maine's CON Program
Bangor Daily News report.
The repeal is sponsored by Richard Malaby (R-Hancock) who said in the report, "I feel philosophically that hospitals [and] ambulatory surgical centers should be competing and improving their product and maybe, through competition, bring down cost for consumers."
The Maine Hospital Association opposes the repeal.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Future Surgery Center Transaction & Acquisition Expectations: Q&A With Todd Mello of HealthCare Appraisers
Montana Bill Would Establish Stricter CON Process for ASCs
8 Hospitals Planning New Surgery Centers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Carolina Orthopaedic Specialists to open surgery centerRead Now
- AmSurg price target set a $65, MFC dividend, Tenet Healthcare receives 'B' credit rating & more – 5 ASC company key notes
- Augmenting a gas naturally in our bodies fights RSV infection
- Outpatient cancer care "booming" in New Jersey — 5 key notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Jeffrey Kutscher of Gastroenterology Consultants of South Jersey
- $43B by 2019: 6 key trends in the global endoscopy market