GOP Legislator Seeks to Repeal Maine's CON Program
Bangor Daily News report.
The repeal is sponsored by Richard Malaby (R-Hancock) who said in the report, "I feel philosophically that hospitals [and] ambulatory surgical centers should be competing and improving their product and maybe, through competition, bring down cost for consumers."
The Maine Hospital Association opposes the repeal.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Future Surgery Center Transaction & Acquisition Expectations: Q&A With Todd Mello of HealthCare Appraisers
Montana Bill Would Establish Stricter CON Process for ASCs
8 Hospitals Planning New Surgery Centers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 Articles on Successful ASC Real Estate Ownership & TransactionsRead Now
- Patient Safety Tool: American Sentinel University's HAI Prevention E-Book for Nurses
- Study: Dopamine-Producing Brain Region Helps Restore Consciousness After General Anesthesia
- AAAHC: 4 Tips for Building an Infection Control Program
- 6 Must-Reads for ASC Turnaround Success
- 8 Endoscopy Center Administrators to Know