GOP Legislator Seeks to Repeal Maine's CON Program
Bangor Daily News report.
The repeal is sponsored by Richard Malaby (R-Hancock) who said in the report, "I feel philosophically that hospitals [and] ambulatory surgical centers should be competing and improving their product and maybe, through competition, bring down cost for consumers."
The Maine Hospital Association opposes the repeal.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Future Surgery Center Transaction & Acquisition Expectations: Q&A With Todd Mello of HealthCare Appraisers
Montana Bill Would Establish Stricter CON Process for ASCs
8 Hospitals Planning New Surgery Centers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
8 things that enhance ASC valueRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting