Frontier Healthcare, Brookhaven Gastroenterology Associates open New York ASC
The 3,500-square-foot facility is adjoined to the existing Brookhaven Gastroenterology Associates practice location. Seven gastroenterologists will perform procedures at the endoscopy center, which will employ approximately 12 staff members.
Great South Bay Endoscopy center is owned by five physicians of Brookhaven Gastroenterology Associates and Frontier Healthcare. Ravi Singh, MD, will serve as its medical director. "We have piped CO2 for insufflation during colonoscopy allowing for less patient discomfort post-procedure," says Dr. Singh.
Great South Bay Endoscopy Center is Frontier Healthcare's tenth ASC to open in New York state and the second in Suffolk County.
More articles on transactions and valuation issues:
12 statistics on ASC growth, 2007 to 2012
Symbion revenue leaps 7%: 5 2Q financial result insights
6 recent ASC acquisition & affiliation agreements
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Eastern Niagara Hospital to hold surgery center grand openingRead Now
- PGM Billing launches free ICD-10 code conversion tool
- DISC Sports & Spine Center to launch hip arthroscopy center of excellence: 4 things to know
- Researchers develop new chronic pain scoring system
- Pro-ASC EHR legislation heading to House of Representatives — 5 key updates
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Glenn Eisen of The Oregon Clinic