Frontier Healthcare, Brookhaven Gastroenterology Associates open New York ASC
The 3,500-square-foot facility is adjoined to the existing Brookhaven Gastroenterology Associates practice location. Seven gastroenterologists will perform procedures at the endoscopy center, which will employ approximately 12 staff members.
Great South Bay Endoscopy center is owned by five physicians of Brookhaven Gastroenterology Associates and Frontier Healthcare. Ravi Singh, MD, will serve as its medical director. "We have piped CO2 for insufflation during colonoscopy allowing for less patient discomfort post-procedure," says Dr. Singh.
Great South Bay Endoscopy Center is Frontier Healthcare's tenth ASC to open in New York state and the second in Suffolk County.
More articles on transactions and valuation issues:
12 statistics on ASC growth, 2007 to 2012
Symbion revenue leaps 7%: 5 2Q financial result insights
6 recent ASC acquisition & affiliation agreements
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Healthcare services M&A: 10 key trendsRead Now
- Patients want to cost-compare with healthcare, but are they actually doing it? 5 key notes
- Joint Commission releases health IT-focused sentinel event alert — 5 things to know
- Case Study: Upright Reflux Treatment with Stretta
- Olympus releases new scope reprocessing instructions, Valeant completes Salix acquisition & more – 5 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- Tenet to take out $2B loan to fund USPI joint venture, Aspen Healthcare acquisition