Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital to Move 1,000 Cases to Surgery Center in 2013
Milwaukee Business News report.
"We have outgrown our existing surgical and interventional procedure environments and need space to accommodate current and anticipated growth as well as changes in medical technology," said Gary Seabrook, MD, senior director of surgical services for the hospital.
The hospital is also building a 480,000-square-foot addition, expected to cost around $117 million. Froedtert is facing significant capacity constraints in surgical, outpatient and inpatient care areas. From 2001 to 2011, the number of surgeries at the hospital increased by 72 percent, with more than 18,000 surgeries performed at the hospital in 2011.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
North Dakota's Mercy Medical Center Adds Outpatient Surgery Center
Symbion Purchases Majority Ownership in St. Louis Women's Surgery Center
Covenant Surgical Partners Raises $3M in New Equity
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About