Foundation Healthcare patient services revenue up 7%: 5 2Q financial result notes
reported its second quarter 2014 financial results. Here are five highlights from the report.
1. The company reported $22.1 million in revenue for the quarter, a 2 percent increase from $21.6 million in the second quarter of 2013. Foundation Healthcare had an adjusted EBITDA of $1.5 million for the second quarter, compared to $3 million in the same period last year.
2. Patient services revenue increased 7 percent from the second quarter of 2013 to $19.9 million. The increase can be traced back to an increase in average reimbursement at Foundation Healthcare's East El Paso Physician Medical Center and an increase in case volume at Foundation Surgical Hospital of San Antonio.
3. Operating expenses rose 6.8 percent from $21.7 million in the prior year period to $23.1 million. The increase was due to stock compensation, salary and benefits expenses.
4. "We are pleased with our results as we recorded an 8% increase in revenue at our majority owned hospitals for the second quarter of 2014 as compared to the second quarter 2013. In addition, we successful refinanced our debt at the end of the quarter reducing our average cost of funds from 6.5 percent to 4.25 percent and extending debt amortization to reduce costs by $2 million annually," said CEO Stanton Nelson.
5. Foundation Healthcare operations resulted in a net loss, attributable to the company's stock, of $1.5 million in the second quarter, compared to $0.6 million in the second quarter of 2013. As of June 30, the company had cash and cash equivalents totaling $1.9 million, compared to $4 million in the year prior.
More articles on transactions and valuation issues:
Surgery Center Cedar Rapids completes expansion
Physicians Realty Trust acquires Surgical Institute of Monroe ASC
5 recent ASC expansions
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
2 key trends to affect ASC acquisitions and valuationRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting