Florida's Waccamaw Community Hospital to Build Surgery Center in Response to Service Growth
Myrtle Beach Online report.
The surgery center expansion will add four operating rooms, six recovery beds and additional procedural space for the hospital. According to the report, the hospital had more than 3,800 surgery cases during the fiscal year that ended in September 2012.
The hospital has plans to expand outpatient services outside the main campus. The hospital has also recruited two additional orthopedic surgeons and a breast surgeon and is working with the Medical University of South Carolina to recruit a neurosurgeon.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Paul Phillips Eye & Surgery Center Opens in New Jersey
4 Factors Affecting ASC Valuation and Sales
5 Steps for ASC Real Estate Monetization
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Nobilis begins NYSE common stock trading: 5 things to knowRead Now
- Growing a healthcare IT company for ASCs — Key thoughts from Source Medical's Dr. James Coffin
- Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notes
- National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditation
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joseph Kittinger of Wilmington Gastroenterology
- PPI therapy may increase risk of kidney injury in elderly