Florida's Waccamaw Community Hospital to Build Surgery Center in Response to Service Growth
The surgery center expansion will add four operating rooms, six recovery beds and additional procedural space for the hospital. According to the report, the hospital had more than 3,800 surgery cases during the fiscal year that ended in September 2012.
The hospital has plans to expand outpatient services outside the main campus. The hospital has also recruited two additional orthopedic surgeons and a breast surgeon and is working with the Medical University of South Carolina to recruit a neurosurgeon.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Paul Phillips Eye & Surgery Center Opens in New Jersey
4 Factors Affecting ASC Valuation and Sales
5 Steps for ASC Real Estate Monetization
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 4 key situations for coders to query providers — And when not to
- Hepatic steatosis and liver fibrosis may be genetic: 4 observations
- ALS disease may arise from long-ago embedded virus: 5 observations
- Looking to the future of payment: Why ASCs need to adopt new models
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joel Weinstock of Tufts Medical Center