Florida's Munroe Medical Center to Purchase 20% of Surgery Center of Ocala
Munroe Regional Medical Center in Ocala, Fla., has agreed to purchase a 20 percent share of Surgery Center of Ocala's business, according to an Ocala report.
The new partnership will give the non-profit, 421-bed hospital access to the surgery center's four operating rooms, two procedure rooms and 6 percent of the market share that the facility controls.
The surgery center performs around 4,200 procedures annually. Through the partnership, it will have access to Munroe Regional's market and benefit from purchasing power for supplies and medicine.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
CON Regulations by State: ASCs and the Limit on Expansion
Valuation Firm VMG Health Announces Two New Partners
Virtua Partners With New Jersey's Ramapo Valley Surgical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers