Erlanger Health System Makes Surgical Improvements to Draw Departing Physicians
Ms. Woodard-Thompson said the health system should be in the black within 12 months and even as soon as July.
The CEO said the new surgical area will include side-by-side surgery rooms staffed with dedicated employees. She said the surgeons want to have nurses with them "who know what they need before they ask." She said the surgeons also need rooms where they can operate continuously.
She said the initial new surgical area will be for the vascular surgery specialty, and the next area will be for orthopedics. Some surgeries will be moved into the outpatient area, with surgical suites planned for later.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Colorado's North Suburban Medical Center to Open Northeast ER Campus, Including Surgery Center
Virginia Urology Seeks Approval for New Colonel Heights Surgery Center
ID's Portneuf Medical Center Plans to Reopen Pocatello Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup