Erie Shriners ASC Administrator to Lead Transformation of Shriners Hospital for Children Into Outpatient Facility
Charles Walczak, administrator of Erie Shriners Ambulatory Surgery Center and Outpatient Specialty Care Center, has been named administrator of Shriners Hospitals for Children — Springfield (Mass.), according to an Erie Times-News report.
Mr. Walczak led the nearly three-year transformation of Erie Shriners from a hospital to an ambulatory surgery center. He has been asked by Shriners International to direct a similar effort at the Springfield facility.
Mr. Walczak has served as interim administrator at Springfield since January. The position became permanent in August.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Physicians Endoscopy Acquires Minority Interest in Maryland ASC
Symbion Purchases Majority Ownership in St. Louis Women's Surgery Center
North Dakota's Mercy Medical Center Adds Outpatient Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The 4 "Hanging Chads" of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- 8 Trends in ASC Payor Rates & Contract Negotiations
- 15 Statistics on Accounts & Cases in Orthopedic-Driven ASCs
- 6 Proposed Legislative Changes Impacting Surgery Centers & Clinics
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location