Drew Memorial Hospital Plans Surgery Center to Replace Operating Suite
The hospital's board of directors met two weeks ago to discuss preliminary plans for the center, as well as the possibility of constructing a geriatric-psychiatric unit as a new income producer for the hospital.
Preliminary plans suggest the surgery center could contain three ORs and 12 pre/post-operative rooms. The cost of the 20,000 square-foot surgery center is currently estimated at $9.5 million.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- No more surprises — New Jersey bill calls for price transparency
- CMS seeking comments for new patient survey: 5 things to know
- Uninsured Wisconsin population falls 40% — 5 points
- EndoGastric Solutions names CFO, Fujifilm receives FDA clearance for visualization solution & more – 3 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Jean-Paul Achkar of Cleveland Clinic