Drew Memorial Hospital Plans Surgery Center to Replace Operating Suite
Drew Memorial Hospital in Monticello, Ark., is planning a new surgery center to replace the hospital's operating suite, which dates back to the 1970s, according to a My Monticello News report.
The hospital's board of directors met two weeks ago to discuss preliminary plans for the center, as well as the possibility of constructing a geriatric-psychiatric unit as a new income producer for the hospital.
Preliminary plans suggest the surgery center could contain three ORs and 12 pre/post-operative rooms. The cost of the 20,000 square-foot surgery center is currently estimated at $9.5 million.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Best Tips for Launching an Infection Risk Improvement Plan
- How to Manage and Leverage Vendor Relationships
- 3 Steps to Control Labor Costs
- 10 Steps to Immediately Improve Surgery Center Profits: Cost Reduction & Benchmarking
- Former CMS Head Dr. Don Berwick Officially Running for Massachusetts Governor