Drew Memorial Hospital Plans Surgery Center to Replace Operating Suite
The hospital's board of directors met two weeks ago to discuss preliminary plans for the center, as well as the possibility of constructing a geriatric-psychiatric unit as a new income producer for the hospital.
Preliminary plans suggest the surgery center could contain three ORs and 12 pre/post-operative rooms. The cost of the 20,000 square-foot surgery center is currently estimated at $9.5 million.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 4 key situations for coders to query providers — And when not to
- Hepatic steatosis and liver fibrosis may be genetic: 4 observations
- ALS disease may arise from long-ago embedded virus: 5 observations
- Looking to the future of payment: Why ASCs need to adopt new models
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joel Weinstock of Tufts Medical Center