Drew Memorial Hospital Plans Surgery Center to Replace Operating Suite
My Monticello News report.
The hospital's board of directors met two weeks ago to discuss preliminary plans for the center, as well as the possibility of constructing a geriatric-psychiatric unit as a new income producer for the hospital.
Preliminary plans suggest the surgery center could contain three ORs and 12 pre/post-operative rooms. The cost of the 20,000 square-foot surgery center is currently estimated at $9.5 million.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Southeastern Health Park ASC holds open houseRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting