Drew Memorial Hospital Plans Surgery Center to Replace Operating Suite
The hospital's board of directors met two weeks ago to discuss preliminary plans for the center, as well as the possibility of constructing a geriatric-psychiatric unit as a new income producer for the hospital.
Preliminary plans suggest the surgery center could contain three ORs and 12 pre/post-operative rooms. The cost of the 20,000 square-foot surgery center is currently estimated at $9.5 million.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists: 4 key thoughts on expanding CRNAs' scope of practice
- 12 statistics on time orthopedic surgeons spend on administrative and paper work
- 59% of healthcare professionals optimistic for fewer regulations on physician practices under Trump: 5 key notes
- NorthStar Anesthesia brings its anesthesia services to Duke physician practice: 3 notes
- Does integrating patient-reported outcomes into GI care improve patient satisfaction? 3 study insights