Drew Memorial Hospital Plans Surgery Center to Replace Operating Suite
My Monticello News report.
The hospital's board of directors met two weeks ago to discuss preliminary plans for the center, as well as the possibility of constructing a geriatric-psychiatric unit as a new income producer for the hospital.
Preliminary plans suggest the surgery center could contain three ORs and 12 pre/post-operative rooms. The cost of the 20,000 square-foot surgery center is currently estimated at $9.5 million.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Transaction Tip of the Day: When is the Right Time to Sell?Read Now
- Patient Safety Tool: American Sentinel University's HAI Prevention E-Book for Nurses
- Study: Dopamine-Producing Brain Region Helps Restore Consciousness After General Anesthesia
- AAAHC: 4 Tips for Building an Infection Control Program
- 6 Must-Reads for ASC Turnaround Success
- 8 Endoscopy Center Administrators to Know