Connecticut's Middlesex Hospital to Acquire Nearby GI-Driven ASC
Middlesex Hospital in Middletown, Conn., is proposing to acquire a nearby ambulatory surgery center that exclusively performs gastroenterology and colonoscopy procedures, according to a Hartford Business report.
The hospital has submitted a proposal with the Office of Health Care Access. The Shoreline Colonoscopy Suites facility currently operates as a free-standing, single-specialty colonoscopy center and is co-owned by Maurizio Nichele, MD, and Jay Zimmerman, MD.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
21 Surgery Centers Opened, Acquired or Planned in September 2012
New York's Montefiore Medical Center to Spend $142M on First Freestanding ASC
Montana's Billings VA Clinic to Build Outpatient Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers