Colorado Eye Practices Consolidate, Build 10,000-Square-Foot Surgery Center
The two-story project includes 30,000 square feet of offices and a separate, 10,000-square-foot ambulatory surgery center that will be used by the four practices. Dean Carlson, MD, of Eye Associates said offices have been designed for the physicians' specific needs, instead of adapting existing space. An office needed for eye exams requires a different amount of space than, say, one for internal medicine, he said.
Most importantly, the physicians wanted a surgery center on-site that could be tailored to their needs. Dr. Carlson said hospitals in the region are not set up to accommodate eye surgery.
The building is scheduled for completion in summer 2013.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Texas Center for Athletes' Surgery Center Takes on New Property Manager
Via Christi Hospital Nears Groundbreaking for New Surgery Center
17 Surgery Centers Opened, Acquired or Planned in October 2012
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Insurance coverage adequacy — How the US compares: 15 key statistics
- 5 statistics on accountable care organizations — 500 & counting
- AAAASF accredits Bay Area Surgical Specialists: 5 key note
- Dr. Jon Dickinson performs elbow surgery on A's catcher at Presidio Surgical Center: 5 key notes
- Dr. Tom Oliverson runs for Texas House of Representatives: 3 notes