Colorado Eye Practices Consolidate, Build 10,000-Square-Foot Surgery Center
Retina Consultants of Southern Colorado, Eye Associates of Colorado Springs and Colorado Eye Associates are merging into a single practice and constructing a 40,000-square-foot medical building and surgery center, according to a Colorado Springs Gazette report.
The two-story project includes 30,000 square feet of offices and a separate, 10,000-square-foot ambulatory surgery center that will be used by the four practices. Dean Carlson, MD, of Eye Associates said offices have been designed for the physicians' specific needs, instead of adapting existing space. An office needed for eye exams requires a different amount of space than, say, one for internal medicine, he said.
Most importantly, the physicians wanted a surgery center on-site that could be tailored to their needs. Dr. Carlson said hospitals in the region are not set up to accommodate eye surgery.
The building is scheduled for completion in summer 2013.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Texas Center for Athletes' Surgery Center Takes on New Property Manager
Via Christi Hospital Nears Groundbreaking for New Surgery Center
17 Surgery Centers Opened, Acquired or Planned in October 2012
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition