Beloit Health System ASC Project Remains in Limbo
The project needed five votes for approval, and one board member was absent. The split vote means the health system will receive an "intent to deny" notice, but it can rework its proposal and represent it at an upcoming board meeting.
The board members in support of the project commented on the expanded access to care the ASC would provide, while those that voted against it mentioned concern over the size of the project and the potential impact on nearby providers.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
4 Recent ASC Industry Acquisitions
3 Recently Opened & Expanded Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Regent Surgical Health Opens Joint Venture Surgery Center in Portland: 5 Things to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations
- Global telemedicine market to grow at CAGR of 19%: 8 insights
- Obama administration rejects House $1.1B Zika bill: 4 things to know