Beloit Health System ASC Project Remains in Limbo
The project needed five votes for approval, and one board member was absent. The split vote means the health system will receive an "intent to deny" notice, but it can rework its proposal and represent it at an upcoming board meeting.
The board members in support of the project commented on the expanded access to care the ASC would provide, while those that voted against it mentioned concern over the size of the project and the potential impact on nearby providers.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
4 Recent ASC Industry Acquisitions
3 Recently Opened & Expanded Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Regent Surgical Health Opens Joint Venture Surgery Center in Portland: 5 Things to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CDC pleads Congress to approve Zika funding quickly — 6 observations
- Will the bronze plan disappear soon? 4 takeaways
- WHO reports nearly 600 healthcare attacks in 19 countries — 6 things to know
- Is the VA lacking resources or funding less critical areas? 6 insights
- Dr. Kenneth Chang performs 1st TIF procedure using new EsophyX Z device: 6 things to know