Beloit Health System ASC Project Remains in Limbo
Rockford Register Star report.
The project needed five votes for approval, and one board member was absent. The split vote means the health system will receive an "intent to deny" notice, but it can rework its proposal and represent it at an upcoming board meeting.
The board members in support of the project commented on the expanded access to care the ASC would provide, while those that voted against it mentioned concern over the size of the project and the potential impact on nearby providers.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
4 Recent ASC Industry Acquisitions
3 Recently Opened & Expanded Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Regent Surgical Health Opens Joint Venture Surgery Center in Portland: 5 Things to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Credit Agencies Offer Mixed Forecast for Surgery Partners Outlook Post-Symbion AcquisitionRead Now
- 4 Tips for ASCs to Select a Business Analytics System and Streamline Collections
- Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs Make
- Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need One
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis