Banner Health, UA Health Network Merger Would Spawn New ASC
As a part of the acquisition agreement Banner Health spend $500 million renovate the UA Medical Center and build and outpatient clinic and ambulatory surgery center.
Banner Health has already a significant footprint in the state's ASC market. Last year, the health system acquired Union Hills Surgery Center in Glendale, Ariz., and an ASC on Thunderbird Medical campus in Glendale, Ariz. This spring, Banner Health invested $2.3 million to open the recently acquired Canyon Springs Surgery Center in Gilbert, Ariz. All of the ASCs have since been renamed to reflect the Banner name.
In addition to building a new ASC, Banner Health would also pay of UA Health's debt of $146 million and establish a $300 million academic enhancement fund.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Huntsville Endoscopy Center Files CON for Expansion Project
14 ASC Industry Acquisition Agreements in 2014
How to Increase the Value of Your ASC
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Darren Brenner of Northwestern Medicine
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories – Week of Oct. 5 to Oct. 9
- North Shore Medical Center honors Dr. Wilfred Lewis: 3 notes
- Orthopaedic Associates of Wisconsin becomes 1st in state to implement Navio robotic surgical system: 4 things to know
- High Pointe Surgery Center owners, operators host international delegation: 5 key notes