ASC Management & Development Company Acquisition Strategies: 10 Things to Know
VMG Health's 2011 ValueDriver ASC Survey.
Do ASC management and development companies target ASCs in markets where they already have a presence?
• Yes, not exclusively: 58 percent
• Targeting new markets: 36 percent
• Yes, exclusively: 16 percent
What type of ASCs do ASC management and development companies prefer to acquire?
• ASCs with a proven history of successful performance: 44 percent
• Underperforming ASCs primed for a turnaround: 37 percent
• De novo ASC development: 19 percent
How do ASC management and development companies determine offering price?
• Risk adjusted multiple of EBITDA: 41 percent
• Discounted cash flow analysis: 26 percent
• Third party fair market value opinion: 26 percent
• Standard multiple of EBITDA: 7 percent
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
San Antonio Orthopaedic Group Remodels ASC for More ORs
14 Hospitals & Health Systems Recently Planning or Opening Surgery Centers
How Has the ASC Acquisitions Market Changed?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies