ASC Acquisitions Market: 12 Statistics on M&D Company Behavior & Attitude
VMG Health's ASC ValueDriver Survey 2011.
What ownership structure do M&D companies prefer?
• Majority equity ownership: 41 percent
• Minority equity ownership: 29 percent
• Majority equity ownership with a hospital partner: 29 percent
What type of ASCs do M&D companies prefer for acquisitions?
• ASCs with a proven history of successful performance: 44 percent
• ASCs primed for a turnaround: 37 percent
• De novo ASC development: 19 percent
What markets do M&D companies target for acquisitions?
• New markets: 26 percent
• Markets with existing presence: 16 percent
• Both: 58 percent
After seeing a letter of intent, do M&D companies adjust price upon further due diligence?
• Rarely: 59 percent
• Often: 35 percent
• Never: 6 percent
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Surgical Care Affiliates 4Q Revenue up 10% to $217.5M
ASC Ownership Sales: 4 Things to Consider Beforehand
A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Wilmington Health Receives CON Approval for ASC ExpansionRead Now
- 4 Tips for ASCs to Select a Business Analytics System and Streamline Collections
- Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs Make
- Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need One
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis