AmSurg Revenue Grows 17% in Q4, Acquires 6 Centers in 2013
AmSurg announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and year end at Dec. 31, 2013.
AmSurg's fourth quarter revenue was $284.6 million, up 17 percent from the same period in 2012. Revenues for the fiscal year 2013 were $1.08 billion, up 17 percent from $923.2 million in the fiscal year 2012.
The company demonstrated a 22 percent increase in fourth quarter earnings per diluted share. "This increase reflected 10 percent growth in procedures, mainly attributable to centers acquired in the prior year," said Christopher Holden, CEO of AmSurg, according to the report.
AmSurg acquired six centers in 2013 and completed an additional acquisition on Jan. 2. The acquisitions are expected to produce $20 million in annualized operating income.
As of Dec. 31, 2013 AmSurg owned and operated 242 centers.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
20 Surgery Centers Expected to Open in 2014
6 Things to Know About the Current ASC Market
Medical Facilities Corporation Announces February Dividend
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Pain Management Center of Long Island Announces Center OpeningRead Now
- Mary Beth Briscoe, Michael Dewerff, and Ben Dunford to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- Colonoscopies in Ambulatory Surgery Centers: Saving Lives Through Increased Screening and Advances in Technology
- "Running an Effective In-House Business Office"
- Pain Management Implications in the ASC Setting
- 5 Exciting Presentations at Becker's Spine, Orthopedic & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference