Albany Urology Clinic Breaks Ground on Surgery Center
Five physicians at Albany Urology Clinic broke ground on the clinic's new office building and ambulatory surgery center this week, according to an Albany Herald report.
The new facility is designed to accommodate growth of the combined practice and provide new outpatient surgical capabilities, according to Michael Dukes, practice administrator.
"A lot of specialty practices are moving toward the creation of ambulatory surgery centers," Mr. Dukes said. "There are plenty of patient advantages to an ASC, including more reliable scheduling and, in most cases, a lower total cost."
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition