9 Recent Surgery Center Acquisitions
Board-certified diagnostic radiologist Robert Tyrrell, MD, has acquired the Midwest Vein & Laser surgery center in Dayton, Ohio. The surgery center focuses on the treatment of vein conditions such as varicose veins and spider veins.
Swedish Covenant Hospital in Chicago intends to pay $1.4 million to buy out its surgery center partner, Center for Ambulatory Surgery at Swedish Covenant. The hospital currently owns a 54 percent stake in the facility. The hospital plans to acquire the remaining 46 percent stake. After the acquisition is complete, the hospital plans to convert the surgery center into an outpatient department.
Merritt Healthcare has sold majority ownership of the Diagnostic Endoscopy Center in Stamford, Conn., to AmSurg, an ambulatory surgery center and endoscopy center operation company.
Graymark Healthcare, based in Oklahoma City, Okla., has acquired Foundation Surgery Affiliates. Foundation Surgery Affiliates owns non-controlling equity interests in 11 surgery centers in seven states. As a part of the transaction, Graymark Healthcare has acquired all member interests of Foundation Surgery Affiliates.
A partnership between MedProperties Holdings, a Dallas-based healthcare real estate private equity investment firm, and Equity, a Columbus, Ohio-based real estate company, has acquired Evendale Healthcare Center in Cincinnati. Evendale Healthcare Center includes an ambulatory surgery center and several physician specialties.
Chicago-based Harrison Street Real Estate has acquired the WestHealth Campus in Plymouth, Minn., from AllinaHealth for $58 million. The health campus includes a surgery center, emergency department, breast center, imaging services, pharmacy and several clinics.
Banner Health is in the process of acquiring full ownership of Union Hills Surgery Center in Glendale, Ariz. The surgery center will be renamed as the Banner Del E. Webb Surgery Center and will begin to operate as the outpatient surgery department of the Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center.
Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II, co-sponsored by American Healthcare Investors and Griffin Capital Corporation, has acquired the Des Plaines (Ill.) Surgical Center. Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II recently acquired 21 medical-related buildings, including Des Plaines Surgical Center, for $141.3 million dollars.
Surgical Care Affiliates acquired Health Inventures, a national surgical and physician services company operating more than 20 ambulatory surgery centers in partnership with 10 health system partners nationwide.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
10 New Surgery Center Plans & Openings
Will Current Medicare Eligibility Numbers Affects ASCs?
Joint Venture Providence Park, Michigan Endoscopy Center Earns CON
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
AmSurg 4Q revenue skyrockets 108%: 9 key points on 4Q, 2014 financial resultsRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Marla Dubinsky of Mount Sinai Hospital
- CMOSIS plans to open U.S. office
- Fischer Laser Eye Center among first to adopt topography-assisted LASEK procedure
- British Journal of Anaesthesia names Dr. Kane Pryor to associate editorial board
- Pivotal moments in GI: 4 gastroenterologists share the turning points of their career