Continued physician interest and case volume growth are vital to ambulatory surgery center success. Here are eight of the biggest challenges ASC management and development companies foresee in achieving these goals, according to VMG Health's 2011 ValueDriver ASC Survey.
Physician recruitment challenges
• Growing shortage of physicians: 32 percent
• Competition from other ASCs and surgical hospitals: 24 percent
• Increasing hospital employment of physicians: 24 percent
• Share cost becoming prohibitive of new buy-in; 20 percent
Case volume growth challenges
• Impact of economy on elective procedures: 36 percent
• Competition from other ASCs and surgical facilities: 32 percent
• Increase in hospital employment of physicians: 23 percent
• Expected retirement of high volume physicians: 9 percent
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
The New Treasure Coast Center for Surgery Offers Patients High-Quality, Low-Cost Outpatient Surgery in Stuart, Florida
How Has the ASC Acquisitions Market Changed?
San Antonio Orthopaedic Group Remodels ASC for More ORs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.