8 Top Challenges for ASC Physician Recruitment & Case Volume Growth
VMG Health's 2011 ValueDriver ASC Survey.
Physician recruitment challenges
• Growing shortage of physicians: 32 percent
• Competition from other ASCs and surgical hospitals: 24 percent
• Increasing hospital employment of physicians: 24 percent
• Share cost becoming prohibitive of new buy-in; 20 percent
Case volume growth challenges
• Impact of economy on elective procedures: 36 percent
• Competition from other ASCs and surgical facilities: 32 percent
• Increase in hospital employment of physicians: 23 percent
• Expected retirement of high volume physicians: 9 percent
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
The New Treasure Coast Center for Surgery Offers Patients High-Quality, Low-Cost Outpatient Surgery in Stuart, Florida
How Has the ASC Acquisitions Market Changed?
San Antonio Orthopaedic Group Remodels ASC for More ORs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Hospital of Central Connecticut Awaiting Approval to Open Orthopedic ASC After Inpatient OR ClosingRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers