8 Top Challenges for ASC Physician Recruitment & Case Volume Growth
VMG Health's 2011 ValueDriver ASC Survey.
Physician recruitment challenges
• Growing shortage of physicians: 32 percent
• Competition from other ASCs and surgical hospitals: 24 percent
• Increasing hospital employment of physicians: 24 percent
• Share cost becoming prohibitive of new buy-in; 20 percent
Case volume growth challenges
• Impact of economy on elective procedures: 36 percent
• Competition from other ASCs and surgical facilities: 32 percent
• Increase in hospital employment of physicians: 23 percent
• Expected retirement of high volume physicians: 9 percent
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
The New Treasure Coast Center for Surgery Offers Patients High-Quality, Low-Cost Outpatient Surgery in Stuart, Florida
How Has the ASC Acquisitions Market Changed?
San Antonio Orthopaedic Group Remodels ASC for More ORs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Medical Facilities Corporation announces August dividendRead Now
- Digital overload: How much technology is too much for ASCs?
- Medical Facilities Corporation announces August dividend
- Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital opens endoscopy center
- Pediatric gastroenterologist Dr. Diana Volpert joins Valley Medical Group in New Jersey
- AMGA: Gastroenterologist compensation rises 9%