8 New ASC Company Financial Reports
• Fourth quarter: The company's fourth quarter revenue was $242.8 million, up 17 percent from the same period in 2012. The company demonstrated a 22 percent increase in fourth quarter earnings per diluted share.
• Year-end: Revenues for the fiscal year 2013 were $1.08 billion, up 17 percent from $923.2 million in the fiscal year 2012. AmSurg acquired six centers in 2013 and completed an additional acquisition on Jan. 2.
• Fourth quarter: Foundation Healthcare reported $26.1 million in fourth quarter revenue, up 48 percent from $17.6 million in same period in 2012. EBITDA for the fourth quarter was $3.4 million, compared to $0.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
• Year-end: Foundation Healthcare reported $93.14 million in revenue in 2013, up 75.8 percent from $52.8 million in 2012. The company changed its name to Foundation Healthcare shortly after completing the acquisition of Foundation Surgery Affiliates and Foundation Surgical Hospital Affiliates in July 2013.
Hospital Corporation of America
• Fourth quarter: HCA reported $424 million in profit for the fourth quarter, up 35 percent from the fourth quarter of 2012. Revenue for the fourth quarter was $8.8 billion, an increase of 4.8 percent.
• Year-end: For 2013 HCA's profit decreased 3.1 percent from $1.61 billion in 2012 to $1.56 billion. Adjusted EBITDA in 2013 is just short of $6.6 billion. As of Dec. 31, 2013, HCA operated 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding ambulatory surgery centers.
Medical Facilities Corporation
• Fourth quarter: Revenue for the fourth quarter was $89.6 million, up 24.7 percent from $71.9 million in 2012. Operations income was $29.8 million, up 28.1 percent from $23.2 million in 2012.
• Year-end: MFC's operating income increased 15.7 percent to $91.1 million in 2013. Overall revenue increased 29.2 percent from $239.4 million in 2012 to $309.2 million.
• Fourth quarter: Northstar reported $13.5 million in patient services revenue for the fourth quarter, up 108.7 percent from $6.5 million in 2012. Total cases for the fourth quarter rose 37.7 percent to 1,811.
• Year-end: Net patient services revenue for 2013 was $31.1 million, up 49 percent from $20.9 million in 2012. The company had consolidated net working capital of $8.7 million, including cash of $5.6 million in comparison to $7.1 million and $4.2 million, respectively, at the year-end of 2012.
Surgical Care Affiliates
• Fourth quarter: The company reported its total net operating revenues were up 10.1 percent from $197.6 million to $217.5 million in its fourth quarter. In the fourth quarter, system-wide net patient revenue per case rose 11.2 percent and system-wide net operating revenue grew 11.8 percent.
• Year-end: Net operating revenues for the year-end increased 7.7 percent from $744.9 million to $802 million. At the year-end, system-wide net patient revenue per case grew 9.2 percent and system-wide net operating revenue grew 8.8 percent. SCA's cash flow from operations decreased due to cash fees related to the company's initial public offering.
• Fourth quarter: Symbion reported $141 million in fourth quarter revenue up 4.5 percent from $134.9 million in 2012. Operating income rose 0.4 percent from $32.1 million in 2012 to $32.2 million in 2013.
• Year-end: The company reported $535.6 million in revenue from 2013, up 8.9 percent from $491.8 million in 2012. Patient services revenue increased 9.5 percent from $484.1 million to $530.1 million.
United Surgical Partners International
• Fourth quarter: USPI reported consolidated net revenues of $164 million, a 9 percent increase from $154.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2012. Operating income increased 18 percent in the fourth quarter from $69.2 million in 2012 to $81.9 million.
• Year-end: Consolidated net revenues for 2013 were $616.2 million, up 14 percent from $540.2 million in 2012. The company's operating income increased 8 percent to $263.8 million, compared to $245.2 million in 2012. In 2013, USPI acquired two facilities, opened a de novo facility and sold its interest in one facility. The company owns or operates 215 facilities.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Medical Facilities Corporation Shares Price Target Rises to $21
Selling ASC Real Estate: 5 Things to Know for Flawless Transactions
How Does ASC Case Volume Outlook Affect Valuation: 15 Statistics?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review