70 of the Ambulatory Surgery Centers That Opened in the U.S. in 2012
Note: The list is certainly not comprehensive, and we welcome additions. Please contact Rachel Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org with additions.
• Sparks Regional Medical Center in Fort Smith opened a new ASC on March 2.
• The Tri-State Advanced Surgery Center in Marion, Ark., opened in early September.
• La Jolla Women's Surgery Center opened in California in late January.
• Sutter Health opened a new surgery center in Elk Grove in May.
• Corona (Calif.) Summit Surgical Center opened its doors on Oct. 4, 2012.
• Dignity Health opened the Weight Loss Surgery Institute of the Central Coast in Santa Maria, Calif.
• Blue Chip Surgical Center Partners announced the opening of Archibald Surgery Center in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., in mid-October.
• Vail Valley Surgery Center opened in Edwards, Colo., in June 2012.
• Grand Junction (Colo.) VA Medical Center opened a new ASC in March.
• Stevens Construction completed construction on the Cape Health Surgery Center in Cape Coral in Nov. 2012.
• Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare and 30 physicians opened a joint venture, multi-specialty ASC in Sept. 2012.
• Foundation Surgery Affiliates opened a joint venture ASC with physicians in Jacksonville in fall 2012.
• The Digestive and Liver Center of Florida opened Endo-Surgical Center of Florida in Orlando in May.
• Northside Hospital in Cumming opened Northside-Forsyth Outpatient Surgery Center in July.
• The Endoscopy Institute of Hawaii opened in Honolulu in Oct. 2012.
• Treasure Valley Surgery Center opened as a joint venture between physicians, Surgical Care Affiliates and Saint Alphonsus Health System on July 16.
• Hart Road and Spine Institute opened in Barrington, Ill., and saw its first patient on Oct. 2, 2012.
• Loyola University Health System opened a bariatric ASC in Melrose Park in July.
• Gailey Eye Clinic opened a retina surgery center in Bloomington in June.
• Indiana University Health Saxony in Indianapolis opened a new ASC in March.
• Johnson Memorial Health opened a new surgery center in Franklin in April.
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health – Crown Point opened a new ASC in May.
• Greater Regional Medical Center in Crester opened a new ASC in April.
• Kansas Gastroenterology and Kansas Endoscopy opened a new ASC in Wichita in 2012.
• Kentucky Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates opened an ASC in Louisville in April.
• The Advanced Surgery Center of Metairie, partnered with SurgCenter Development, was planned to open by the end of 2012.
• A new hospital and ASC opened out of a former Wal-Mart in Elkton in early 2012.
• Sinai Hospital of Baltimore opened a surgery center, the Sinai Center for Geriatric Surgery, targeted at the elderly population, in Dec. 2012.
• Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis opened a new ASC in August.
• Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center in Fort Meade opened a new ASC in May.
• Newton-Wellesley (Mass.) Hospital opened a new ASC in fall 2012.
• Massachusetts Eye and Ear opened a new outpatient surgery center in the Longwood/Mission Hill area of Boston.
• Winchester (Mass.) Hospital opened a new ASC in late April.
• Detroit Medical Center's Harper University Hospital opened a bariatric surgery center in May.
• Scotland County Hospital opened a new surgery center in Memphis (Mo.) in January.
• Princeton HealthCare System opened a new ASC in Plainsboro in May.
• The Malo Health Clinic and Wellness Center in Rutherford opened the doors to its new four-OR ambulatory surgery center in Nov. 2012.
• The Paul Phillips Eye & Surgery Center opened in Flemington in Dec. 2012.
• Virtua opened a new surgery center in Vorhees in March.
• Manhattan Endoscopy Center opened in the New York borough in January.
• Olean (N.Y.) General Hospital opened a new ASC in May.
• Tom Bersani, MD, opened a new ASC in Salina in May.
• Vassar Brothers Medical Center dedicated its new ambulatory surgery center, the Daniel Z. Aronzon, MD Center for Ambulatory Surgery, in mid-Sept. 2012.
• Hudson Valley Center for Digestive Health opened as a joint venture between Hudson Valley Hospital Center, GI physicians and Physicians Endoscopy in July.
• Thompson Health opened an ASC at F.F. Thompson Hospital in Canandaigua in April.
• Piedmont (N.C.) Ear Nose and Throat Associates opened an ASC in February.
• Presbyterian Healthcare in Charlotte opened a new ASC in March.
• 24 physicians and WakeMed Health & Hospitals opened the Capital City Surgery Center in Raleigh in August.
• A new ASC opened at Medwest-Haywood Hospital in Clyde in August 2012.
• Gastroenterologist Eric Ibegdu, MD, opened a GI-driven ASC in Kingston in April.
• Doctors Hospital opened a surgery center in Grand Forks in early January.
• Williston, N.D.-based Mercy Medical Center opened an outpatient surgery center on its hospital campus in Sept. 2012.
• The Specialty Surgery Center of Columbus opened in February.
• Cleveland Clinic opened an ASC at Marymount Hospital in Garfield Heights in March.
• The Urology Group opened a new HQ and surgery center in Norwood in September.
• The Hand Center in Columbus opened and received accreditation in Sept. 2012.
• Humility of Mary Health Partners in Youngstown unveiled the St. Elizabeth Robotic Surgery Center in June.
• Nationwide Children's Hospital in Westerville opened its first suburban ASC in April.
• Physicians Surgical Center in Norman opened a new ASC in Moore in May.
• Coordinated Health opened a new ASC in Hazle Township in March.
• A group of local physicians in Susquehanna Township opened an ASC in Nov. 2012.
• The Advanced Center for Surgery opened in Altoona in June.
• WellSpan Health opened a $71 million ASC in York Township in April.
• Avera Sacred Heart Hospital in Yankton opened a new surgery center in June.
• Maury Regional Medical Center completed a $7.9 million surgery center in Nov. 2012.
• AOK Spine and Pain Surgery Center opened in Houston in August 2012.
• Evergreen Eye Center opened a new ASC location in Auburn in May.
• Eastside Endoscopy Center in Bellevue opened a new ASC in Issaquah in March.
• Mon General Hospital in Morgantown opened a new orthopedic ASC in January.
• David Paustian, MD, opened Paustian Medical & Surgical Center in rural Neillsville in August.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- MRSA infects Washington school — 5 key facts
- Will capping drug prices drive down healthcare costs? — 5 key points
- The ASC industry won't be the same: 2 significant changes slowly gaining momentum
- Publicis Healthcare acquires Tardis Medical to enhance clinical capabilities: 4 points
- What is in store for ASC M&A in 2015 to 2016?