Here are six things for ambulatory surgery center buyers and sellers to know about the current market, according to ASCs, Inc.
• Many ASCs are doing well. Physician-managed centers can have EBITDA margins of 25 to 40 percent.
• ASC sales represent a diversification opportunity. Selling a portion of an ASC can help physician owners diversify their assets.
• Increased deal flow. There are more are many companies competing for ASC acquisitions. Owners have the opportunity to review options and sell either a minority or majority share.
• High, secure prices. Competition in the ASC market has kept offering prices of quality centers high.
• Incentive to sell. Uncertainty surrounding the future of the ASC market and owners looking for an exit strategy are driving incentive to sell ASC interests.
• Real estate. There are opportunities for physicians to sell real estate, if they own a medical office building or the ASC's real estate.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Monday
5 Ideas to Avoid Claim Denials & Keep ASC Revenue Cycles Efficient Through ICD-10
How Can Hospitals Benefit From Joint Ventures With ASCs?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.