6 Things to Know About the Current ASC Market
• Many ASCs are doing well. Physician-managed centers can have EBITDA margins of 25 to 40 percent.
• ASC sales represent a diversification opportunity. Selling a portion of an ASC can help physician owners diversify their assets.
• Increased deal flow. There are more are many companies competing for ASC acquisitions. Owners have the opportunity to review options and sell either a minority or majority share.
• High, secure prices. Competition in the ASC market has kept offering prices of quality centers high.
• Incentive to sell. Uncertainty surrounding the future of the ASC market and owners looking for an exit strategy are driving incentive to sell ASC interests.
• Real estate. There are opportunities for physicians to sell real estate, if they own a medical office building or the ASC's real estate.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Monday
5 Ideas to Avoid Claim Denials & Keep ASC Revenue Cycles Efficient Through ICD-10
How Can Hospitals Benefit From Joint Ventures With ASCs?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Hospital of Central Connecticut Awaiting Approval to Open Orthopedic ASC After Inpatient OR ClosingRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers