5 Recent Surgery Center Acquisitions & Conversions
Cleveland Clinic has sold the building that houses its Elyria (Ohio) Family Health & Surgery Center to CHP Chestnut Commons OH MOB for $20.2 million. The acquisition is not expected to affect the surgery center's daily operations.
Banner Health is acquiring full ownership of the ambulatory surgery center on the Banner Thunderbird Medical Center campus in Glendale, Ariz. Banner Health held majority interest and is purchasing the minority interest held by a small group of physicians. After the transaction is complete, the surgery center will become the hospital outpatient department of Banner Thunderbird Medical Center.
Saint Anne's Hospital in Dartmouth, Mass., has acquired the ambulatory surgery-endoscopy and sleep centers of Hawthorn Medical Associates. The hospital has now formed the Saint Anne's Hospital Ambulatory Care Center in North Dartmouth.
North Shore-LIJ Health System intends to convert the maternity ward of Plainview (N.Y.) hospital into a surgical center by Nov. 1. A hospital spokesperson attributed the switch to the declining number of births at the facility.
Memorial Medical Center in Ludington, Mich., has recently opened a new emergency room and intends to convert the old emergency room space into an endoscopy center. The hospital also plans to open a new ambulatory surgery department in September.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
8 Recent Surgery Center Plans, Openings & Expansions
5 Reasons Why Independent ASCs Should Be Seeking Hospital Partnerships
How Does ASC Staffing Vary Across the US? 20 Statistics
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- St. Renatus launches 1st nasal spray dental anesthetic: 5 things to know
- Anesthesia Business Consultants releases fall 2016 newsletter: 3 notes
- Intestinal metabolome analysis may lead to preventative IBD treatment: 5 study insights
- GI leader to know: Dr. Christopher Carlson of Swedish Medical Group
- South Central Kansas Clinic accredited by The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities: 4 things to know