5 Recent Hospital & ASC Joint Ventures
Kaleida Health and a group of 22 physicians received preliminary approval from the New York State Department of Health for the $2.7 million Southtowns Ambulatory Surgery Center to be built in Orchard Park, N.Y. The project faces opposition from multiple nearby hospitals and health systems.
Florida International University and Miami Children's Hospital partnered to open a pediatric outpatient surgery facility on the FIU campus in Miami. The center is expected to open in January 2015.
Massac Memorial Hospital in Metropolis, Ill., and the Orthopedic Institute of Western Kentucky in Paducah partnered to open a $6 million orthopedic and podiatric surgery center in Metropolis.
Meridian Surgical Partners, LLC announced that its Battle Creek, Mich., facility Brookside Surgery Center, LLC has partnered with Bronson Battle Creek, a subsidiary of Bronson Healthcare. This is the first hospital partnership for Meridian Surgical Partners. The facility will continue to operate as Brookside Surgery Center.
Local physicians have partnered with the Northwest Community Healthcare Day Surgery Center on a joint venture to provide outpatient surgery on the NCH campus in Arlington Heights, Ill.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
12 Statistics on New & Exiting ASCs From 2007 to 2012
6 Recently Opened, Planned or Expanded Ambulatory Surgery Centers
ASC Ownership Division: Structuring a 3-Way Joint Venture That Works
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Southeastern Health Park ASC holds open houseRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting