5 Reasons Standalone Hospitals Must Consider the M&A Market
In July, Saint Vincent Health System, a two-hospital network based in Erie, Pa., officially became a subsidiary of Pittsburgh-based health insurer Highmark. After several months of negotiations and regulatory approval, Saint Vincent went from an independent hospital network to a member of Allegheny Health Network, the system created by Highmark.
Compared with multistate health systems and large academic medical centers, independent, standalone hospitals face some of the greatest pressures today, and it's pushing many, like Saint Vincent, to consider entering the merger and acquisition market.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- NCI scientists reverse a woman's colon cancer with immunotherapy: 5 research insights
- Somnia Anesthesia releases resource paper on management models: 3 things to know
- 5 healthcare technology trends taking center stage in 2017
- GI leader to know: Dr. Kumar Gutta of Gastroenterology Associates of North Texas
- Southeastern Interventional Pain Associates accredited by AAAHC: 3 things to know