5 hospitals planning or opening ASCs
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network plan to merge. As a part of the acquisition agreement Banner Health would spend $500 million renovate the UA Medical Center and build and outpatient clinic and ambulatory surgery center.
The Georgia Supreme Court has overruled a lower court's decision to sustain Northside Hospital's objection to Kennestone Hospital's ASC project. Kennestone Hospital will now move forward with the construction of East Cobb Surgery Center in East Cobb County, Ga.
Truman Medical Centers, based in Kansas City, Mo., broke ground on a $29 million, 90,000-square-foot outpatient center, which will house a surgery center, imaging center and ENT center.
Houston Healthcare's Warner Robins (Ga.) Hospital opened its expanded surgery center.
Via Christi Hospital, based in Wichita, Kan., has nearly completed construction of its new, 40,000-square-foot surgery center in Pittsburgh, Kan.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
AmSurg Completes $2.35B Sheridan Acquisition
Mercy Medical Center, USPI Acquire Majority Ownership in Siouxland Surgery Center: 5 Key Points
58 Ambulatory Surgery Centers Opened or Announced in 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Texas & Florida lack funding to launch substantial Zika prevention awareness among pregnant women: 4 insights
- Global healthcare payer BPO market to hit $34.2B: 6 things to know
- CDC awards $226M to 5 academic centers for patient safety efforts: 5 notes
- Texas Fertility Center opens ASC to bring fertility services to Austin residents: 5 points
- Global ophthalmology devices market to reach $18.28B: 5 takeaways