5 hospital ASC plans & partnerships
Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center in Gresham, Ore., plans to begin construction on a $27 million, 68,000-square-foot medical office and outpatient services building. The new facility will include outpatient surgery suites, an endoscopy center and laboratory services on the first floor.
Orlando (Fla.) Health invested $1.4 million in Orlando Health/USP Surgery Centers, LLC. Orlando Health/USP Surgery Centers then acquired a 51 percent interest in University Surgical Center in Winter Park, Fla. Orlando Health partners with United Surgical Partners International in ownership of the surgery center.
Davis (Calif.) Surgery Center and UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, Calif., have created an affiliation agreement that allows UC Davis orthopedic surgeons to perform cases at the surgery center.
This month, University of Rochester (N.Y.) Medicine will open an ASC and Strong West Emergency in Brockport, N.Y.
The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation has granted Wilmington (N.C.) Health certificate of need approval for an expansion of its ambulatory surgery center. The project will expand the ASC from a single-specialty facility to one that offers services including general surgery, plastic surgery, podiatry, ENT, orthopedics and urology.
More articles on transactions and valuation issues:
SCA revenue climbs 10%: 5 2Q financial report highlights
Surgery Center Cedar Rapids completes expansion
Physicians Realty Trust acquires Surgical Institute of Monroe ASC
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- American College of Physicians names AmSurg's Dr. Robert Musselman a fellow; Nobilis names Kenneth Efird president & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 3 challenges ASC face in multidisciplinary antibiotic stewardship program implementation
- Olympus under fire: Internal emails reveal US execs told not to issue warning about possible fatal scope infection — 10 takeaways
- 6 key concepts for smart staffing at ASCs
- 5 trends in the surgery center & emergency center markets