4 Threats to ASC Case Volume Growth
VMG Health's 2011 ASC ValueDriver Survey.
• Impact of economy on elective procedures: 36 percent
• Competition from other ASCs and surgical facilities: 32 percent
• Increase in hospital employment of physicians: 23 percent
• Expected retirement of high volume physicians: 9 percent
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
What Will Happen to CON Law in South Carolina?
22 Proposed, Recently Opened or Expanded ASCs by Region
Symbion, Great Falls Clinic Partner to Open New Facility
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Northstar Healthcare to list common shares on U.S. national exchangeRead Now
- 4 Foundational Components to Determine ASC Start-up Success
- Inc. magazine names PriorityOne Group among fastest-growing private companies
- A world without colonoscopy? 9 gastroenterologists weigh in on the future of GI's top procedure
- Essentia Health-St. Joseph's Medical Center adds Dr. Mark Suojanen
- Gel stops bleeding in 10 seconds in trials