4 Recent ASC Acquisitions, Mergers & Conversions
Banner Health acquired Canyon Springs Surgery Center. Banner invested $2.3 million to open the outpatient surgery center on the Banner Gateway and Banner MD Anderson campus in Gilbert, Ariz. The center has been renamed as the Banner Gateway Surgery Center.
Campbell Clinic, based in Memphis, Tenn., acquired Midtown Surgery Center in October 2013. Campbell Clinic now opened the center, which now operates under the name Campbell Clinic Surgery Center-Midtown.
OA Centers for Orthopaedics, based in Maine, merged operations with Spectrum Medical Group. OA Centers for Orthopaedics includes an ambulatory surgery center.
Park Nicollet Health Services plans to spend $48 million on a new outpatient center next to its existing clinic in Maple Grove, Minn. The existing clinic will be converted into a surgery and endoscopy center, which is expected to open in 2016.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:AmSurg 1Q Revenue Up 2% to $263.1M
CON States: How to Open a De Novo ASC
Texas Fertility Center Opens IVF Lab, Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCsRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting