Here are 20 ambulatory surgery centers that are slated to open in 2014.
• Orthopedic Associates plans to open a 9,200-square-foot surgery center in Honolulu. The new center, Minimally Invasive Surgery Hawaii, includes three operating rooms. The first surgery is scheduled for Feb. 25.
• Massac Memorial Hospital and the Orthopedic Institute of Western Kentucky have partnered to open an outpatient orthopedic and podiatric surgery center in Metropolis, Ill., by the end of the year.
• Via Christi Hospital in Wichita broke ground on a new surgery center in November 2012 and after temporary setbacks construction has begun again. The center is slated to open in summer 2014.
• Spectrum Orthopaedics, based in Canton, has broken ground on a new facility, including an ambulatory surgery center in Jackson. The facility is expected to reach completion this year.
• In January, Southwestern Medical Center in Lawton, Okla., broke ground on a 10,000-square-foot, $4.5 million surgery center. The Surgery Center of Southwestern Medical Center is expected to open by July or August.
• In January, University of Maryland Medical System and Shore Health System earned approval to open an outpatient surgery center in Queenstown, Md. The center is expected to open by the end of the year.
• In April 2013, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham broke ground on a new cancer center, which includes a multispecialty surgical center. The cancer center and surgery center are expected to be complete this year.
• Affiliated Community Medical Center in Willmar broke ground on the ACMC Marshall (Minn.) Surgery Center. The center is estimated to be completed in the fall of 2014.
• Bridget Sundell, MD, and Fairview in Hibbing agreed to develop the joint venture Northwoods Surgery Center in Virginia, Minn. Construction began in fall of 2013 and is expected to reach completion this year.
• Pending final approval from the state, Physicians Endoscopy and a group of five physicians will open the Greater Gaston Center this summer.
• In January, Janet Neigel, MD, a plastic surgeon and board-certified ophthalmologists, held a groundbreaking ceremony for the 7,700-square-foot Neigel Center for Cosmetic and Laser Surgery in West Orange, N.J. The center is scheduled to open in June.
• Construction on a new medical office building and surgery center at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Old Bridge, N.J., began in December 2013. The building was estimated to reach completion in the fall of 2014.
• In January, Eastern Niagara Hospital broke ground on its Lockport, N.Y., ambulatory surgery center. The $3 million project is expected to reach completion in the summer.
• The $4.5 million OMNI Outpatient Surgery Center is tentatively expected to break ground in Utica, N.Y., in March. The center is expected to open in the fall and add 20 new jobs to the area.
• The University of Rochester Medical Center has filed a certificate of need application for a Brockport ASC. If the Public Health and Health Planning Council approves the proposal, the surgery center could open in mid-2014.
• In June 2013, Regent Surgical Health announced plans to develop an ASC with 26 physician partners of Plaza Ambulatory Surgery Center and Providence Portland Medical Center. The surgery center is expected to open on the Providence Portland Medical Center campus in the summer.
• Washington Health System plans to open its two-story, 50,000-square-foot surgery center in October. The surgery center is being built in South Strabane Township.
• Children's National Medical Center and Inova Health System have partnered to open a joint venture pediatric surgery center in Fairfax. If the project receives certificate of need approval, the surgery center could open in the first quarter of 2014.
• The Monticello Community Surgery Center is expected to open in Charlottesville in March. The surgery center will include four operating rooms and host cases performed by 45 surgeons.
• The physicians of Tri-City Orthopaedic Clinic began planning the construction of a $3.4 million surgery center in Kennewick in October 2013. The center was expected to open within a year.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
6 Things to Know About the Current ASC Market
CONs in the ASC Industry: A Brief History & Analysis
How Do Physicians Impact ASC Valuation? 20 Statistics
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.