14 ASC Industry Acquisition Agreements in 2014
1. In May, AmSurg announced plans to acquire Sheridan Healthcare in cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $2.35 billion.
2. Banner Health acquired Canyon Springs Surgery Center. Banner invested $2.3 million to open the outpatient surgery center on the Banner Gateway and Banner MD Anderson campus in Gilbert, Ariz. The center has been renamed as the Banner Gateway Surgery Center.
3. CNL Healthcare Properties, a real estate investment trust, acquired two medical office buildings in Coral Springs, Fla. The MOBs, adjacent to the Broward Health Coral Springs Hospital, are occupied by a hospital-owned ambulatory surgery center and the Digestive Care Physician Group.
4. Long View Equity Partners, based in Austin, Texas, acquired the New Braunfels, Texas, building that houses the Christus Santa Rosa Ambulatory Surgical Center.
5. Methodist McKinney Hospital acquired an orthopedics and pain management-focused outpatient surgery center in McKinney, Texas. The hospital will retain the surgery center's primary physicians.
6. Northstar Healthcare acquired ownership interests in an urgent care center and two imaging centers in Houston.
7. NVISION Laser Eye Centers acquired two practices of Nevada Eye Care, NVISION's first acquisitions in the state. NVISION now includes 17 eye centers.
8. PhotoMedex, a skin health company, intends to acquire LCA-Vision for $106.4 million. LCA-Vision owns and operates 62 LasikPlus surgery centers throughout the U.S.
9. Physicians Realty Trust, a self-managed healthcare properties real estate investment trust, acquired Peachtree Dunwoody Medical Center in Atlanta, Ga., for $36.6 million. Peachtree Orthopedics occupies 26,785 square feet, which includes clinical space, an ASC, physical therapy services and an imaging center.
10. Physicians Realty Trust acquired Great Falls (Mont.) Clinic Surgery Center for $4 million. The facility is now signed under a 15-year absolute, net master lease.
11. A subsidiary of Senior Housing Property Trust acquired the Texas Center for Athletes medical office building in San Antonio, which houses several tenants including The Center for Specialty Surgery,
12. Lumberton Surgical Associates became an affiliate of Southeastern Health on April 1. The center was also renamed Southeastern Surgical Center 2.
13. The Illinois Health Facilities and Services Review Board approved St. John's Hospital's proposal to acquire Prairie Surgery Center in Springfield, Ill., for $8.5 million
14. Earlier this month, it was announced that Surgery Partners will acquire Symbion for $792 million.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Laser Spine Institute to Build 3 New ASCs: 5 Thoughts
34 Hospitals, Health Systems Planning, Opening ASCs in 2014
The ASC Transaction Market Overview & What to Expect in the Future
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Nobilis Healthcare receives $25M loan from GE CapitalRead Now
- HCA defeats opponents: 5 things to know about TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center's $17M surgery center project
- Baseball hall of famer Tommy Lasorda to headline LA's $10M ASC groundbreaking: 3 key points
- 4 things to know about scope care company Ruhof
- 9 GI physicians receive AGA Annual Recognition Awards
- 7 statistics on healthcare consumer payment trends