12 Statistics on Case Volume Mix at ASCs
Here are 12 statistics on case volume mix as a percentage of total case volume, according to VMG Health's ASC Intellimaker Survey 2011.
In all facilities:
• GI/endoscopy: 29 percent
• Ophthalmology: 17 percent
• Orthopedics: 17 percent
• Pain management: 14 percent
• ENT: 8 percent
• General surgery: 7 percent
• Plastic: 4 percent
• OB/GYN: 4 percent
• Podiatry: 3 percent
• Urology: 3 percent
• Oral surgery: 1 percent
• Other: 1 percent
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
12 Statistics on Medicare Funding Sources & Expenditure
Will Physician Integration With Hospitals Continue?
UC Health Earns Approval for $8.8M Ambulatory Clinic Project in Kentucky
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Transaction tip: 4 factors hindering industry growthRead Now
- Online Pre-Admission: Using Cloud-Based Technology to Maximize Productivity and Convenience
- ASC infection prevention for soft surface fabrics: Establishing a new standard of care
- 25 highest-paid physician specialties
- OR optimization: How does instrumentation fit in?
- Self-auditing in healthcare business offices: 3 tips