12 Statistics on Case Volume Mix at ASCs
Here are 12 statistics on case volume mix as a percentage of total case volume, according to VMG Health's ASC Intellimaker Survey 2011.
In all facilities:
• GI/endoscopy: 29 percent
• Ophthalmology: 17 percent
• Orthopedics: 17 percent
• Pain management: 14 percent
• ENT: 8 percent
• General surgery: 7 percent
• Plastic: 4 percent
• OB/GYN: 4 percent
• Podiatry: 3 percent
• Urology: 3 percent
• Oral surgery: 1 percent
• Other: 1 percent
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
12 Statistics on Medicare Funding Sources & Expenditure
Will Physician Integration With Hospitals Continue?
UC Health Earns Approval for $8.8M Ambulatory Clinic Project in Kentucky
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Surgery Partners to divest Florida ASC in FTC settlementRead Now
- Consumer and clinician opinions on big data, telehealth and mHealth: 8 things to know
- Innovation's moral quandary: When am I obligated to reinvent the wheel?
- House Republicans sue Obama administration over PPACA: 5 things to know
- Just 1% of organizations will eliminate healthcare coverage, survey finds
- DOJ recovers $2.3B in healthcare False Claims Act cases in FY 2014