12 Statistics on Case Volume Mix at ASCs
Here are 12 statistics on case volume mix as a percentage of total case volume, according to VMG Health's ASC Intellimaker Survey 2011.
In all facilities:
• GI/endoscopy: 29 percent
• Ophthalmology: 17 percent
• Orthopedics: 17 percent
• Pain management: 14 percent
• ENT: 8 percent
• General surgery: 7 percent
• Plastic: 4 percent
• OB/GYN: 4 percent
• Podiatry: 3 percent
• Urology: 3 percent
• Oral surgery: 1 percent
• Other: 1 percent
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
12 Statistics on Medicare Funding Sources & Expenditure
Will Physician Integration With Hospitals Continue?
UC Health Earns Approval for $8.8M Ambulatory Clinic Project in Kentucky
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Symbion, Great Falls Clinic Partner to Open New FacilityRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers