11 Joint Venture ASCs Opened or Announced in 2014
If you would like to recommend an ASC for inclusion on this list, please contact Carrie Pallardy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida International University and Miami Children's Hospital partnered to open a pediatric outpatient surgery facility on the FIU campus in Miami. The center is expected to open in January 2015.
A group of 20 surgeons affiliated with OrthoCarolina opened Mallard Creek Surgery Center in partnership with Gaul Surgical Properties. Gaul Surgical Properties, an affiliate of OrthoCarolina, owns 70 percent of the surgery center and the physicians own the remaining 30 percent.
Massac Memorial Hospital in Metropolis, Ill., and the Orthopedic Institute of Western Kentucky in Paducah have partnered to open a $6 million orthopedic and podiatric surgery center in Metropolis.
Meridian Surgical Partners, LLC is pleased to announce that is Battle Creek, Mich., facility Brookside Surgery Center, LLC has partnered with Bronson Battle Creek, a subsidiary of Bronson Healthcare. This is the first hospital partnership for Meridian Surgical Partners. The facility will continue to operate as Brookside Surgery Center.
A group of physicians in partnership with SurgCenter Development opened Monocacy Surgery Center in Frederick, Md.
A group of physicians based in Arlington Heights, Ill., partnered on the Northwest Community Healthcare Day Surgery Center joint venture on the NCH campus.
Plaza Ambulatory Surgery Center opened in Portland, Ore. The surgery center is joint venture between Regent Surgical Health, local physicians and Providence Health & Services.
Rex Healthcare, based in Raleigh, N.C., plans to recruit 20 to 30 surgeons for a joint venture ambulatory surgery center project.
Baylor Health Care System announced plans to partner with United Surgical Partners International to open a $35 million joint venture surgical facility in Fort Worth, Texas.
Vivere-Health and a group of physicians opened the Vivere-Audubon Surgery Center and in vitro fertilization laboratory in New Orleans. The ASC is a joint venture between the physicians, Vivere-Health and Medical Executive Partners.
The New York State Department of Health approved the certificate of need application for the $5.24 million Westmoreland (N.Y.) ASC project, a joint venture between a group of physicians and Oneida Health Systems.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Merritt Healthcare Advises Fairfield Surgery Center on Transaction: 4 Things to Know
South Caroline CON Law to Remain in Place: 5 Things to Know
3 ASC Transaction Trends: Q&A With Dr. Stacey Berner of SurgCenter Development
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
8 new outpatient surgery centers in June 2015Read Now
- Immunotherapy may extend pancreatic cancer patient survival: 6 key notes
- WAMC Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit receives recognition for excellence: 5 key notes
- Woman wins $1.5M in verdict after Bloomsburg University Nurse Anesthesia Program dismissal
- 4 things to know about rising rates of chlorine-resistant parasite
- Drew Memorial Hospital discuss plans for new surgery center project: 5 key notes