A Look at Healthcare in 2034
Part two of the whitepaper begins with predictions for how healthcare may look in 2034, mainly focused around the development of 3D printing. The whitepaper forecasts that 3D printing for medical devices and medications will eliminate generic drugs, personalized and electronic distribution of drugs and localized “print centers” serving a certain geographic area.
These future projections will impact how providers, distributors and manufacturers will provide their services. The whitepaper says providers will have to start focusing on inventory utilization and optimization, distributors should start looking at a chemical supply chain and manufacturers need to look at vertical integration and localized print centers.
Read the full whitepaper here.
More Articles on the Future of Healthcare:
Trends for the Future of Healthcare Quality
Healthcare in 2014: 3 CEOs Discuss Key Priorities for the Year Ahead
Survey: Hospital CEOs Expect 12% Reduction to Operating Expenses by 2020
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies