What Percent of Collectibles Should be Spent on Supplies for an Orthopedics- and Pain-Focused ASC?
Luke Lambert (CEO of Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America): In a center that is 30-40 percent pain cases with the rest orthopedics, we see supply costs average $300-$350/case. Those are supplies actually used on the cases. As a percentage of revenue, that is about 17 percent for an in-network center, less if it is an out-of-network center.
Learn more about ASCOA.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About