Volcano Receives FDA Clearance for Intravascular Ultrasound Catheter
Volcano Corp. has announced it has received FDA clearance for its new intravascular ultrasound catheter, according to a news release.
The Visions PV .035 digital IVUS catheter is designed to image large vessels and intended to support the use of less iodinated contrast in endovascular procedures.
"Endovascular repair is preferred over open surgical repair by many patients because of its less invasive nature, shorter recovery times and lower complication rates for patients with suitable anatomy," said David Sheehan, chief operations officer and intravascular imaging business unit leader for Volcano, in the release. "However, precise device sizing and placement is critical for positive outcomes. Volcano believes IVUS can play an important role in guiding endovascular and other peripheral therapies. The development of this new catheter is just one example of our advancing commitment to this area."
The IVUS catheter also received CE mark approval in the European Union.
Volcano Corp. is headquartered in San Diego.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup