Vilex Launches FUZE TTC Arthrodesis Compression Nail
Vilex, a manufacturer of orthopedic medical devices based in McMinnville, Tenn., has announced the commercial launch of its FUZE TTC Arthrodesis Compression Nail, according to a news release.
The FUZE, which has received FDA 510(k) clearance, combines the compression capability of a screw and the structural strength of intramedullary nail fixation in one device, according to the company. Its applications include ankle fusion for trauma, diabetic Charcot foot reconstruction, and patients with arthritis.
The FUZE was developed in collaboration with board-certified orthopedic foot and ankle Steven Neufeld, MD.
Related Articles on New Technology:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers