ViewRay Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for MRI-Guided Radiation Therapy System
ViewRay has announced it has received FDA 510(k) clearance for its MRI-guided radiation therapy system, according to a news release.
Features of the ViewRay system, which is designed for the treatment of cancer, include continuous soft-tissue imaging and the combination of radiotherapy delivery and simultaneous magnetic resonance imaging.
"FDA clearance of our integrated system is a major milestone in the development of our technology," said ViewRay President and CEO Gregory M. Ayers, MD, PhD, in the release. "It has already been an exciting year for ViewRay, with an additional round of funding and the installation of our first research systems at major U.S. medical centers. Early clinical imaging studies have verified the quality of the system's MR images, and now we're looking forward to clinical applications."
ViewRay is headquartered in Oakwood Village, Ohio.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Best Tips for Launching an Infection Risk Improvement Plan
- How to Manage and Leverage Vendor Relationships
- 3 Steps to Control Labor Costs
- 10 Steps to Immediately Improve Surgery Center Profits: Cost Reduction & Benchmarking
- Former CMS Head Dr. Don Berwick Officially Running for Massachusetts Governor