Unilife Receives Patent for Prefilled Syringe
Unilife Corp. has announced it has received a U.S. patient for its Unifill ready-to-fill (prefilled) syringe, according to a news release.
The patent covers Unilife's technology for the integration of automatic and operator-controlled needle retraction features within the barrel of a prefilled syringe, according to the company.
"The Unifill syringe is the world's first and only prefilled syringe with integrated safety features," said Alan Shortall, CEO of Unilife, in the release. "This patented technology differentiates Unifill from every other prefilled syringe that is either on the market, or known by us to be in development. It is a key component of our strong and fast-expanding intellectual property portfolio. The patent further validates the uniqueness of Unilife's proprietary integrated retraction technology."
Unilife Corp. has its U.S. headquarters in York, Pa.
Related Articles on New Technology:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 Areas That Trip Up ASCs During Accreditation Evaluations
- CMS Loosens Medicaid Enrollment Process
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- Joint Commission Appoints Mark Pelletier COO, Division of Accreditation, Certification
- Johns Hopkins: Blood Transfusions Overused During Surgery