Siesta Medical Receives Additional FDA Clearances for Encore Tongue Suspension System
Siesta Medical has announced it has received additional FDA clearances for its Encore tongue suspension system, according to a news release.
The Encore system was cleared for multiple suspension loop use and post-operative adjustability in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
"Siesta believes the Encore system is a clinically and cost effective surgical option for treating OSA patients unable to comply with CPAP use. We are gratified that our users have consistently endorsed the clear product and procedural advantages the system delivers," said Peter Martin, president and CEO of Siesta Medical, in the release.
Siesta Medical, a provider of minimally invasive surgical implants and tools for OSA, is headquartered in Los Gatos, Calif.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Supply Standardization: 7 Ways to Achieve ASC Physician Buy-InRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why