Siemens Receives FDA Clearance for MRI System
Siemens Healthcare has announced it has received FDA clearance for a new MRI system, according to a news release.
The MAGNETOM Spectra 3 Tesla MRI system is designed to provide hospitals and radiological institutes with easier access to 3T technology, which yields excellent image quality and rapid scan times, according to the company.
"Siemens Healthcare is proud to offer the MAGNETOM Spectra MRI system, which opens the door to 3T imaging technology for a wider range of health care facilities than ever before," said Ioannis Panagiotelis, PhD, vice president of MR for Siemens Healthcare, in the release. "The MAGNETOM Spectra delivers crisp, high-resolution images that provide the key to a new level of usability and diagnostic confidence for physicians."
The MAGNETOM Spectra system is designed for use for a broad spectrum of applications, from diagnosing damaged ankle cartilage to conducting dynamic abdominal examinations to performing functional brain imaging.
Siemens Healthcare is headquartered in Munich, Germany, with its U.S. headquarters in Malvern, Pa.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 Leadership Lessons From One of Healthcare's Most Powerful Women
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association
- AbbVie, Galapagos Partner to Test Possible Chrohn's Disease Drug