Report: Refurbished Medical Device Market to Reach $8B by 2017
Markets and Markets report projects the global refurbished medical device market to reach $8.45 billion by 2017, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 7.8 percent.
The market is gaining value and popularity due to its lower costs and increased access to repair technology and replacement parts, though certain world regions are more willing to use refurbished devices than others, mainly the U.S., Latin America, Asia and the Middle East, according to the report.
Additionally the most prominent companies in the refurbished medical device market are major corporations like Siemens, GE Healthcare, Stryker, Philips Healthcare and Johnson & Johnson, according to the report.
More Articles on Medical Devices:
Medline Launches New Products Catalog
Using Cuttlefish to Develop Biodegradable Devices
Steady Growth Expected for Global Drug Device Combination Market
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies