myoscience Receives FDA Clearance for Pain Management Device
myoscience has announced it has received FDA clearance for a hand-held device for pain management, according to a news release.
myoscience's PCP 1.0 system, intended for use in the physician's office, delivers cold energy to targeted nerves, according to the company.
The device previously received CE approval and a medical device license from Health Canada.
"FDA clearance for our device in the United States provides myoscience with a platform technology on which to grow our company by addressing further indications and an expanding geography," said Clint Carnell, CEO of myoscience, in the release.
myoscience is headquartered in Redwood City, Calif.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers